Aging can be a graceful process. You can’t control your heredity, but you can control your attitude and lifestyle choices. The Census Bureau estimates that by 2050, there will be 1.1 million people 100 years or older. Here are some tips to help get you there:
– Eat less. Studies show that increased portion size is related to obesity. It sounds simple, but is often overlooked.
– Find optimistic friends. Your body is healthier when you feel supported, encouraged and connected.
– Reduce your stress. Don’t know how? Try meditation, massage, or yoga.
– Drink moderately and don’t smoke.
– Exercise. “Even if people can’t give up smoking and maintain a healthy weight, they can still gain health benefits from increasing the amount of regular exercise they take.” says Mr. Leslie Alford from the University of East Anglia who reviewed extensive research published between 2006 and 2010.