It is estimated that Americans spend $94 billion dollars, every year, just to get some sleep! Lack of sleep builds up a “sleep debt,” which makes you feel tired during the day and may lead to a variety of health issues. Sleep debt is the cumulative amount of lost sleep. For example, if the average daily amount of sleep you need is eight hours, sleeping six hours a night during the work week creates a sleep dept of 10 hours in just one week. If you sleep an extra two hours on Saturday and Sunday, you will still have a sleep debt of six hours.
If you sleep only 6 hours a night for a year, you will have built up a sleep debt of 726 hours which equals one full month of missed sleep. The prevalence of sleep debt in America is reaching epidemic proportions. More than half of the adult population in the United States is carrying a sleep debt.
Possible Root Causes of Insomnia:
- Toxic Liver – Surprisingly, this is one of the highest known causes of insomnia that occurs between 1-3 a.m. Liver cleansing thru diet and supplements can help
- Fear – Most common contributor to Nightmares and Restless Sleep.
- Diet – Certain foods aggravate insomnia and eating too lat at night effects proper digestion.
- Hormonal Imbalance – Lack of melatonin and other key hormones can trigger insomnia through hot flashes, depression, irregular heart rate, etc.
- Stress – Stress must be managed from the limbic region of the brain.
- ADD-ADHD – Children and adults suffer from sleepless nights because of excess hyperactivity.
- Pain – Annoying, Debilitating, Throbbing. Pain is a top contributor to insomnia and restless sleep.
- Weakened Immune System – Viruses and bacteria can keep you awake.
- Excitement/Anxiety – Too much of a good thing can be too much sometimes.
Join Deb Dittner and me to learn how to use Young Living essential oils to get to sleep, stay asleep, and add peace to your waking hours too. Bring your friends and family.
Thursday November 20, 2014 from 6-7 pm at 21 Bullard Lane, Saratoga Springs, NY.
Please RSVP to Lesley (518) 421-6160 LWaters@MassageByLesley.com or Deb (518) 596-8565, DebDittner@gmail.com