Autumn is a beautiful season to look at, but it can be a lot of work to keep the view that beautiful. Raking doesn’t have to take a toll on your back if you keep in mind a few helpful tips:
- Switch the way you hold your rake often. This uses an equal amount of effort from both sides of your body.
- Use more smaller, more frequent motions to reduce the strain. You don’t have to get it all done at once.
- Try not to do too much twisting. Move your feet where you want to go.
- When lifting leaves, bend at the knees to protect your back.
- Yes, you knew I’d add this in – drink plenty of water. Raking leaves is a workout too!